Just hoping to get some opinions on shorting [Microchip Technology](https://markets.ft.com/data/equities/tearsheet/summary?s=MCHP:NSQ).
Their stock is up around a 100%, since mid-2012, while:
* Their profitability is declining;
* Margins are insanely tight;
* Debt is rapidly increasing, while tangible assets are pretty much the same;
* They will have to issue new bonds this year at a most likely higher coupon rate than their previous ones.
* dividend payout ratio is unsustainable;
Not sure if I’m just missing something or if this actually is a good idea to short. Was thinking of buying some Jan 2018 puts.